Google translation for Matrix
Create translated versions of your Matrix site using this recipe.
Implement this recipe to enable a basic content translation use case for your Matrix website. With this recipe, pages to be translated, and the target languages are identified using metadata. A translated version of the page is created automatically upon saving the page.
You can replace the Google translation step with any other translation service and seamlessly enable translation into the content authoring and publishing workflow. For translation services that include a manual translation process, this recipe can be used as a baseline and split into two flows - one to send the content for translation, and one to send the translated content back to Matrix after it has been completed.
- Click the Activate recipe button to deploy this Recipe in Squiz Connect.
- Sign into Squiz Connect if you’re not already signed in.
- Follow the on screen instructions to finish deploying the Recipe.
Activate the recipe
The following configuration steps need to be carried out as part of the recipe activation.
- Create and enable Matrix Asset Management API token in Matrix
- Enable Cloud translation API in your Google cloud platform
- Finish Activating the recipe in Connect
Customise the flow
After the recipe is activated, the following steps are required to be configured in Matrix to run the flow.
- Create translation related metadata in Matrix
- Create trigger in Matrix